Has your home been on the market for a long time? While it may be that your asking price is too high, it’s also possible that you haven’t presented your home in the best possible light.
Home staging is expensive, but it’s well worth the costs. The process of home staging highlights the best features of your property. When homebuyers visit or view images of your property, they are expecting it to be clear of clutter and personal effects. They need to see the space as a neutral setting, so they can image themselves living there.
With her vast experience in interior design and Toronto real estate, Susan Macarz can help you to stage your home and sell it quickly.
The Costs of Home Staging
Sellers often have the mindset that they shouldn’t have to pay thousands of dollars on a house or apartment they’re leaving. But home staging can speed up the amount of time your property is on the market. With home staging, your property can sell in a matter of days instead of months.
But how much does home staging cost? There are several factors to determine:
- The size: A professional home stager will charge per room per month. Each room’s square footage will also be considered. However, the cost is usually based on the number of rooms of the home or condo, or the size of the property.
- The type of room: It will cost more to stage a living room than a bathroom, for instance, because it will require more attention to detail.
- Vacancy: Staging a home that already has furniture in it will reduce the cost compared to furnishing an empty property. However, if the furniture is dated, bold colours or worn, it may have to be removed
- Storage: Home stagers will most likely want certain items removed from your home, which could mean hiring a moving company and renting a temporary storage unit.
In additional to the costs listed above, there are other fees to consider when selling, including:
- Renting or purchasing furniture
On average, staging costs in Toronto can range between $2,500.for a one bedroom condo and over $20,000 for mansions, however, each case is different. For homes on a 25 ft. lot it starts at $4,000 and for 40 foot lots it starts at $5,000. It’s essential to speak with a real estate broker, like Susan, to assess whether or not you need to stage your house or apartment.
Don’t wait too long! Many homebuyers decide to stage their property a month after it’s been on the market, which means they’ve lost an opportunity to easily gain a high amount of offers. The idea is to create a positive vibe when showings commence. Generally, potential buyers don’t return to the same house twice unless they’ve put in an offer.
Sell Your Home Fast with Susan
Browsing for Toronto luxury penthouses for sale? Looking for a Colonial on a quiet residential street? Want a neighbourhood with good schools? Susan has her finger on the pulse when it comes to available properties in the Toronto area. She can arrange for professional staging services and help you through the selling process. She’ll be with you every step of the way, so you have a stress-free experience. Susan does what it takes to find the right property that suits your lifestyle.