York Mills

Property Search

York Mills is a large territory that encompasses St. Andrews and part of Windfields. It began in 1804 with basic amenities and has since grown into a thriving area. It is an area best suited for mature individuals who have a high standard of living. Residents and families in particular, appreciate the close proximity of St. Andrews, sharing access to shops, parks, and the highway.

Those who wish to travel to the Downtown core for more entertainment and luxury shopping can be there in about half an hour by public transit. York Mills is a great place in which to settle down to either retire or raise a family.

Education
Families love the myriad of schools to choose from, including the York Mills Collegiate Institute, which provides French Immersion.

Public Transit
TTC bus riders can take the east-west York Mills bus to reach the Yonge-University-Spadina subway line, or take the north-south Bayview bus to get to the Sheppard Rapid Transit line and York University’s Glendon Campus. With quick service, residents have easy accessibility to the downtown core and airport.

Activities & Amenities
Residents will find many activities to occupy their time, such as playing hockey and skating at the York Mill Arena that is located within the Irving Paisley Park. The park caters to baseball and basketball enthusiasts while providing a walking path for those who wish to meander in the sunlight. The York Mills Plaza at the corner of York Mills Road and Bayview Avenue offers boutique stores, Shoppers Drug Mart, banks, and a Metro grocery store.

HISTORY

This neighbourhood began with grist and sawmills in 1804 and busily developed into a residential area. York Mills was full of industry with a distillery, a tannery, a blacksmith shop, churches, a school, a post office, and even a toll gate. The St. John’s Anglican Church built in 1816 was originally made with logs. It was replaced in 1844 with white brick and still rings out its bells throughout the area. The championship golf course that was on the former grounds of the St. Andrew’s College was sold in the 1950s, but the local names in the area still remind residents of the past.

Walk Score of this location Transit Score of this location Bike Score of this location